Suture Course | C | Horizontal Mattress Technique
Suture Course C: Elements of Suturing
In this suture course video:
- Patton D. Graham, NP-C, aka The Medical Prepper, teaches you the right way to sew a wound using the horizontal mattress technique.
About Elements of Suturing:
- Learn from a very experienced family and emergency nurse practitioner.
With years of experience as an emergency department provider, as well as collegiate level teaching experience, Patton is able to quickly explain, demonstrate, and prepare you to emulate simple and complex techniques, as well as fully enhance your current level of practice and understanding.
- Online access makes learning and earning much easier.
Elements of Suturing is a fully online, asynchronous course. This puts you in the driver’s seat for deciding when and where to enrich your learning.
- High-definition video makes learning very real-to-life.
Using state-of-the-art, high-definition video technology, Elements of Suturing brings you right to the heart of the wound and guides you through repairs every step of the way. You will learn, with crystal clarity, how to repair lacerations using simple interrupted, interrupted cruciate, sub-cuticular, vertical mattress, and many more techniques. You will learn how to tie knots correctly. You will learn and see everything there is to know about wound repair.
- ‘Elements’ does not mean a bare-bones essentials course.
Elements of Suturing will bring you to the front of your field in suture repair, covering topics including:
- Dog ear deformity
- Tetanus and rabies prophylaxis
- Animal bites
- Pediatric lacerations
- Open fracture management
- Treating anticoagulated patients
- Eyelid lacerations
- And more
- Learn suturing through the A.C.E. F.A.S.T. Closure method.
Developed by Patton Graham, NP-C, the A.C.E. F.A.S.T. Closure method will help you ace your closures every time. This method-approach to wound closures will surprise you at how easy it is to both remember and implement.
Add the tools necessary for wound repair by selecting from these related med-kit essentials: